Tuesday, December 6, 2011

finals week

It's the last week of school, finals week! 

everyone is packing their suitcases already, 

yesterday i walked in to find illenia with her bag packed FULL! 
i said "dove vai?" (where are you going?)
illenia laughed and told me that she was mailing most of her clothes back to sicily

mail a 50 lb suitcase 1000 miles : 15 euro
check 50 lb bag on Easy Jet flight 1000 miles : 100 euro+

...wow! 

i called our last dorm meeting on monday, i thanked the girls for a good semester encouraged them for the next step in their lives, to continue seeking God's will, we discussed a few last minute details and we talked about our plans for after the semester ended. we encouraged one another, prayed together and some even cried.

it was only monday! crazy how fond we can grow in so little time. 

I am staying a little longer with some local friends, who i LOVE! 
im very happy and excited about that. 
then headed on some adventures that im not too sure of yet, i will keep everyone updated. 

this morning in devotions I couldn't help but think of God's faithfulness, how most of this semester ive had .22 cents in my bank account and i have never gone without, I have been blessed beyond measure.  By italians, by americans in Germany, by my room mates and by the missionaries here.  

I also would like to thank those who have sent support in the form of money, prayers, comments, information, love notes and skype dates.  I am truly blessed to have you all in my life.

so here is the low down on my needs that you might pray with me.

I need
-this is what i need right now
$384.00 to pay off my tuition for this semester
a good pair of headphones
health (cause im sick right now) 
favor when i get to the London airport, because my visa allowance will be over 15 days, England is strict


-this is what i need very soon! 
i do have a plane ticket for africa that I am making payments on, for $1281
and my total cost for my stay in africa $2000.00
My amount raised so far is around $800.00 

so i am still in need of $2481.00 which will be all of the money that i have for the next six months. 
if you could prayerfully consider giving, that would be a blessing! 


i found some pictures of the place i will be staying for all of you who are interested









possible housing described as:

The accommodations are clean, near and rustic in the form of a round hut with brick walls and a concrete floor. Bathing facilities are attached to the hut and a pit latrine is located nearby. Each hut will have basic furnishings to accommodate four students or a married couple. All meals are served in the common meeting area.

praise God for a roof and attached bathing facillities! 

pray for me! 
love you! 
Rach 

No comments:

Post a Comment