Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Place to Belong


New Hope Uganda is a compound, where over 150 orphaned children live and go to school.  It is a school, clinic, source of food and safe haven for many children in the surrounding village as well.  There is a family focus within the ministry.  The orphans, rather than living in a large barrack style building or a orphanage, are placed in a family, with a father and mother, they are kept and cared for just as biological children. 

The importance of a stable family unit is imperative in the raising of a happy healthy child.  Each child knows that they have a home, parents who will love, lead and protect them, schooling, medical care and food.   I love the work ethic that is instilled in these children even at a young age, it teaches them the value of a job well done and the kind of teamwork that is necessary for a family.  These are lessons that you cannot simply read in a book or hear in lecture.  New Hope Uganda is teaching these children lessons that carry over into adulthood rearing contributing members of society.  

They are not attempting to "save" these children from Ugandan life, they are growing up a new breed of children who will eventually influence the structure of the country while keeping the Ugandan culture alive.  

There are so many other ministries that this place offers that are saving and changing the lives of people in Uganda.  Including- a baby house, a home for former child soldiers, a special eduction program,  a school for missionaries and pastors who desire to live in and help in Uganda.  SO much is being done through this place. the video above is just a small portion of their work. I'm so excited to see what is in store for me there, how I can help, what I can teach, what I will learn and who I will love!  

Please be praying for me, the steps toward getting there are still being taken and I know that there is a way, I just need to open my heart and eyes to God's guidance.  

"A man plans his course but the Lord determines his steps" Proverbs 16:9

If you are not a member and want to follow me please subscribe to this blog via e-mail. There is a button you can click below that says [subscribe by e-mail]. Click it and sign up. These updates will be automatically e-mailed to you as soon as I publish them.  

Thanks for reading. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment